Local Airports and Shuttles
We recommend the following airport for students:
- Ontario International Airport (ONT), approximately 30 minutes’ drive from campus.
Los Angeles (LAX) is the largest international airport but is up to 2 hours’ drive from campus. Other smaller airport choices are PSP in Palm Springs (about 1-hour drive) SNA in Orange County (up to 1.5 hours’ drive), BUR in Burbank (up to 1.5 hours’ drive), and LGB in Long Beach (up to 2 hours’ drive). Of all airport choices, ONT is the best one for CSUSB students.
Students are responsible for their travel to campus. Here are three of many options:
- Lyft or other ride-sharing companies (you need to download a smartphone app and add credit card information): approximately $35-$42 USD for a personal ride, one way.
- Xpress Shuttles or other airport shuttle companies (you need to book a ride on their websites):
- $66 USD for a one-way shuttle from Ontario (ONT) airport (with discount; originally $79).
- $158 USD for a one-way shuttle from LAX airport (with discount; originally $214).
- International Students, Inc. (ISI) is an unaffiliated program that provides free airport pickups from any airport in Southern California. They also host events and dinners to international students from many university campuses. To arrange an airport pickup, you can fill out this form https://andyandsandy.weebly.com/airport-pickup.html or email Andy Pearce at email@example.com.
Other Webpages for Exchange Students
- Main Incoming Exchange Student webpage
- How to Apply to CSUSB webpage
- How to Enroll at CSUSB webpage
- How to Get a J-1 Student Visa webpage
- CSUSB Campus Housing and Costs webpage