How to Apply to CSUSB
Students currently enrolled at one of CSUSB’s exchange partner universities may be eligible to participate in our international exchange program at CSUSB.
The exchange student application includes the following to be admitted to CSUSB:
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of English language proficiency:
- Undergraduate Students: TOEFL 61 (ibt); IELTS 5.5
- Graduate Students: TOEFL 80 (ibt); IELTS 6
- Unofficial transcripts (English translation if needed)
Minimum Grade Point Average
A minimum of 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) out of 4.0 is strongly recommended but not required to ensure student success at CSUSB. A 2.5 GPA is approximately an 80% grade (out of 100%). If you don't know what your GPA is, please read this webpage or use this GPA calculator.
Other Webpages for Exchange Students
- Main Incoming Exchange Student webpage
- How to Enroll at CSUSB webpage
- How to Get a J-1 Student Visa webpage
- CSUSB Campus Housing and Costs webpage
- Local Airports and Shuttles webpage
For any questions about being an incoming exchange student at CSUSB, please contact your university exchange office. If you have already been nominated and are beginning to apply, you may also email the CSUSB Education Abroad office at email@example.com.