Skip to content

How to Transfer Credits and Request Transcripts

CSUSB Credit Transfer Process

Transferring Credit

When you study at another university, you will receive credits for your academic work. You will need to transfer these credits to CSUSB after completing your program. Here are the necessary steps:
  1. To ensure that credits transfer and count towards your degree, please make an advising appointment with your academic advisor.
  2. Please download the credit transfer document, fill it out, and bring it to the appointment.
  3. For each course selected, attach a copy of the provider or host institution’s class syllabus (if you cannot find a syllabus, copy and paste the class description).
  4. With the help of your academic advisor and/or department chair at CSUSB, indicate how each class will be transferred and accepted.
We recommend you complete this form before you begin your program.

Note: Upon completing your program, you may need to submit an official or unofficial transcript.

Credit Transfer Form

Please download this form.

Requesting Transcripts

Official Transcripts

Students who participated in study abroad programs in which they received CSUSB credits (e.g., faculty-led programs, exchange programs, CSUIP programs as a CSUSB student) should request an official transcript through the CSUSB Office of the Registrar. If you need credit hour or equivalency guidelines, these should be requested directly from the host university. An official transcript can only be sent by mail, not by email.

Students who participated in third-party provider study abroad programs in which they transferred credits to CSUSB (e.g., AIFS, USAC, CAPA, Maximo Nivel) should request an official transcript through the third-party provider.

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts can be obtained over your Student Center page on MyCoyote.

Contact Us

For any questions about credit transfer, please email the Education Abroad office at You can also make an advising appointment here.