Local Airports and Shuttles
We recommend the following airport for students:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the largest international airport but is up to 2 hours drive from campus.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT), is approximately 30 minutes drive from campus.
Students are responsible for their transportation to campus. Here are three popular options:
- Ridesharing: Lyft ,Uber or other ride-sharing companies. Note, a smartphone is needed for the application that connects you to drivers. The approximate cost for a one-way, personal ride from Ontario (ONT) airport to CSUSB is $45-$60 USD.
- Airport shuttle: Airport shuttle companies are another ridesharing option. Reservations need to be booked online and rides can cost between $85 and $100 from Ontario (ONT) airport. Rides from Los Angeles (LAX) airport range from $190 to $225. If you ordering with Xpress Shuttles, know that the shuttle picks you up at the curb outside of baggage claim, rather than a separate parking lot. For additional information, see https://xpressshuttles.com/.
Other Webpages for Exchange Students
- Main Incoming Exchange Student webpage
- How to Apply to CSUSB webpage
- How to Enroll at CSUSB webpage
- How to Get a J-1 Student Visa webpage
- CSUSB Campus Housing and Costs webpage